Job Openings: Structural Engineer
Keast & Hood is growing and seeking a candidate to fill a Structural Engineer position. The ideal candidate will be a licensed engineer with 3-8 years of experience in the structural design of buildings. The successful candidate will perform design and analysis tasks as part of a project team working on new steel, concrete and wood structures, the adaptive reuse and renovation of existing buildings as well as projects investigating and analyzing historic structures.
• Lead small to medium sized projects, coordinating with Architectural and other disciplines
• Participate in project meetings
• Work independently under the guidance of the Partners and other Senior Staff
• Perform structural engineering analysis, design, and detailing for new construction, building renovations, and historic preservation
• Perform existing or historic building surveys and condition assessments
• Conduct field surveys and construction administration site visits
• Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced design staff
• Work with BIM Technicians and Design Engineers to ensure structural design is sufficiently represented both in the model and on the documents
• Develop and organize plans, sections, and details to create a cohesive set of construction documents Participate in the QA/QC process
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
• 6 to 10 years relevant experience and have a PE license
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil/structural engineering (M.S. in structural preferred)
• Knowledge of RAM or similar structural analysis software
• Experience in the adaptive reuse, renovation and rehabilitation of existing buildings
• Experience in the production of a set of construction documents
• Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Revit and Bluebeam
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and the opportunity to join a dynamic team of engineers working with high-caliber clients on important building projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond.
Hybrid Work Schedule: Our office offers employees the option of a hybrid office / remote work schedule with up to three days of remote work per week.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.