Our success in providing creative, client-focused structural engineering solutions is directly related to the intellect, integrity, and commitment of our team of structural engineers, designers, and CAD technicians.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and the opportunity to join a dynamic team of engineers working with high-caliber clients on important building projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. Keast & Hood Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking a Structural Engineer. More information available here.
We are currently seeking a BIM Modeler. More information available here.
What’s it like to work at Keast & Hood? Hear from some of our current engineers!
Keast & Hood is an excellent place to build a career – we have a culture of learning and mentorship that enables us to build on our legacy of creative and collaborative engineering. We work on a great mix of interesting projects and each one is unique!
- Alex Stadel, PE, Project Manager
*When I started at KH in 1994, I did not have any experience working on existing buildings. However since my first assigned project, I have always enjoyed working on existing buildings. I am still amazed to walk into a building and experience an existing structural framing method or layout that I have never seen before.* - Brian D. Wentz, PE CDT APT-RP, Director of Historic Preservation, Associate
We have a number of opportunities for staff to get involved including the following committees:
- The DEI Committee, the group’s mission is to create a positive, racism-free, and inclusive work environment for all members of the firm. We are striving to develop a culture that is welcoming of members of all backgrounds and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, religion, genetics, physical or mental disability status, or any other personal factors
- Social Committee, The Social Group plans team building activities for staff and promotes gatherings outside of the office for employees and their families to further bonding and engagement between employees.
- Standards Committee, which works to develop processes and workflows that enable a consistent work product company-wide. To further develop and maintain the technical standards and training at KH.
- The Sustainability Committee works to research and advance directives at KH related to sustainability within the design community. Including aligning the company with the goals and commitments established as part of SE2050.
Keast & Hood offers the following benefits, including but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Health and dental insurance
- Life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance
- Paid time off for vacation, holiday and sick days
- Flexible office schedule
- 401(k) plan with company matching