Job opening: Structural BIM Modeler
Keast & Hood is a structural engineering firm in Philadelphia, PA known for its legacy of insightful engineering solutions. Since its founding in 1953, the firm has remained nimble, independent, and committed to client service. Our team’s wide-ranging experience and deep understanding of building design has Keast & Hood at the forefront of the field, with specialties in new construction, historic preservation, and adaptive reuse.
As our firm continues to grow, we are pleased to announce that we are pursuing candidates for the following position on our team:
Position: BIM Technician
Type: Full Time or Part Time with Remote Work Available
A BIM Technician at Keast & Hood is a vital team member in the development of construction documentation. Technicians will work directly with engineers to prepare drawings in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Work with structural engineers to develop projects in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Assist engineers with structural modeling of buildings in Revit
- Assist with coordination of the Architectural and MEP links in Revit.
- Model existing structures in Revit by interpreting existing structural drawings.
- Develop and organize plans, sections, and details in Revit.
- Quickly incorporate engineering mark-ups in Revit and AutoCAD.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in building modeling using Revit, though applicants with less experience and a portfolio of work are encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD. Experience with Bluebeam, SketchUp, or Dynamo would be a plus.
- Experience in maintaining Revit templates, creating Revit families, developing smart schedules, and maintaining drafting standards.
- Familiarity with detailing basic building assemblies.
- Experience in the production of a set of construction documents.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and the opportunity to join a dynamic team of engineers working with high-caliber clients on important building projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond.
Hybrid Work Schedule: Our office offers employees the option of a hybrid office / remote work schedule with up to three days of remote work per week.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com