Keast & Hood is a structural engineering firm in Philadelphia, PA known for its legacy of insightful engineering solutions. Since its founding in 1953, the firm has remained nimble, independent, and committed to client service. Our team’s wide-ranging experience and deep understanding of building design has Keast & Hood at the forefront of the field, with specialties in new construction, historic preservation, and adaptive reuse.
As our firm continues to grow, we are pleased to announce that we are pursuing candidates for the following position on our team:
Position: Production Manager
Type: Full Time with Remote Work Available
Job Description: The Production Manager at Keast & Hood is a vital team member in the development of construction documentation and ensuring quality control. The Production Manager oversees the drafting workflow, ensures conformance to drawing/model presentation standards, and will serve as the company champion for BIM strategies and education
- Analyze & coordinate the firm’s short-term and long-term drafting and modeling needs with stated project schedules and deliverables
- Assign drafting requests to internal BIM staff and identify work to be sent to external BIM services
- Serve as point of contact for engineers for Revit needs—both with internal BIM staff and any external BIM services
- Assist structural engineers in BIM project setup and development
- Model existing structures in Revit by interpreting existing structural drawings
- Participate in the quality assurance committee with key role of maintaining Revit templates and the typical detail library
- Create, modify and maintain database of Revit families
- Develop “best practices” for company-wide Revit modeling strategies
- Perform in-house training of production and design staff as part of a continuing education program
- Instruct production staff and structural designers on Revit use to ensure modeling consistency and conformance with company standards
- Serve as a point of quality control for work performed by production staff
- Coordinate needed upgrades with IT, hardware or software, and manage the implementation of any integrated BIM software
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years production manager experience.
- 8 to 10 years relevant experience in building modeling using Revit, though applicants with less experience and a portfolio of work are encouraged to apply.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD. Experience with Bluebeam, SketchUp, or Dynamo would be a plus.
- Experience in maintaining Revit templates, creating Revit families, developing smart schedules, and maintaining drafting standards.
- Familiarity with detailing basic building assemblies.
- Experience in the production of a set of construction documents.
We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and the opportunity to join a dynamic team of engineers working with high-caliber clients on important building projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic and beyond.
Hybrid Work Schedule: Our office offers employees the option of a hybrid office / remote work schedule with up to three days of remote work per week.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org